My name is Kyle Liao and I’m a HS student from NYC. I attend hackathons, work on programming projects, and run a Hack Club while also being Director of Programming of TeenHacks Long Island.
- ITF+(through school)
- IT Specialist(Network Security)
- Python: discord.py, flask.
- Arduino: C++ on the uno
Edison Hack Club
- Hosting workshops every other week in person
- Web Development Projects including ehc.wiki, edisonhack.club, and hackedison.com
- Preparing for next year and running Make@Edison, our in-house makeathon.
- 400+ days on duolingo learning mandarin.
- SkillsUSA Quiz Bowl Team
- Handball Team(One Wall)
- NHS and SkillsUSA Member
Future Projects I want to Work on
- Fine tuned LLM that immortalizes a hackathon, its organizers, and its documents as a chatbot to ask for advice.
- Teddy Bear Parachutes. Create mini-model parachute designs for toy teddy bears.
- Survey study of TeenHacksLI participants, for the relationship between Aphantasia, creativity, and success.
- Custom PCB NFC Business Card through Hack Club’s Onboard.
@thekyleliao on social media. feel free to dm me
- Competed in 12+ hackathons as of 6/8/23.
- Won 1st Place at Code Overflow2022(Brooklyn Tech’s in-person hackathon) for an arduino dyslexia hardware hack.
- Won 2nd Place at HackPHS(Hack Princeton High School’s in-person hackathon) for an arduino based dyscalculia hack.
- Won Most Impactful at HSIO2022(virtual hackathon hosted by Ohio State University) for an OSINT research and awareness project.
- Won 1st Place at MakeSPP for an accessiblity related hack. Jersey City was fun.
- Won Most Useless Project at AngelHacks3 game jam in Boston. Left NYC at 11PM, got to Boston at 5 AM, hacked till 1 AM next day, slept till 7 AM, walked around for 5 hours after event, got home by 11PM.
- Certified in Network Security IT Specialist
- Volunteer at ENGin, an online penpal program between English-Speaking and Ukranian students from 2021-2022.
- 4.0 GPA at TAEHS, AP WORLD(5), SAT(1490), PSAT(1410), 100% on the NYS CHEMISTRY REGENTS, NHS and SkillsUSA member.
- Interned at Liberatory Learners through SYEP developing the cosmickitty.space site and plastic bot. Created and organized a 600+ person email list. Built business and organizational relationships through outreach.
- Started an active Hack Club at TAEHS. 70+ members, 50% attendence rate, bringing CS/SE exposure and opportunity to a school that doesn’t have much of it.
- Director of Programming at TeenHacksLi: dedicated towards rebuilding a local hackathon for hundreds of high school students.
- Finished, Tested, and Floated a DIY folding Chloroplast Kayak without drowning.
- Completed MA 119 at QCC College Now. College Algebra class.